Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thrifting...

Even though I promised myself I wouldn't...

I broke my promise.

I find that thrifting is best to do when there is a time constraint. Meaning, I can't spend too long inside and therefore can't spend too much money. I must be quick, and smart, and only hit up the easy departments. Like office supplies, shoes, and furniture.

So on my way home from my coffee date with Naomi last night (hi sweetie!) I stopped at the VV closest to my house. And I found some heavenly sparkly gold shoes (that didn't fit me...sad face), and a rattier version of the bedroom set we threw in the trash last year (HA!), and some great glass cupcake stands (which I totally don't need).

And I made only two purchases. And they are from my favourite department...office supplies, stationary, photo albums...etc. I bought an album and a cute set of cowboy stationary.
I have a slight addiction to tacky photo albums. This one is made for postcards (4x6), and has fold out pages. I have lots more tacky photo albums stored away in my studio!

I have made a new goal for the year...do something with all these tacky albums that I love so much. Even if I just display them somewhere, and get them out of the box I know they're in...

One of my favourite albums ever was made inside an old magnetic album I found for a steal at VV. I wandered through this the other day, and I realized there are still some pages with photos missing! I guess I have another job for myself this week!!
When Lucas and I were looking back through this album the other day, I asked him if remember this trip, and he said yes and asked if we could go back!

So it looks like we might all be headed to southern Alberta after all! 

what is your favourite creation? the one you could go back and look at even a year or two later and still fall in love? I need more of this in my life.

later skater alligator

p.s. I just noticed that I posted three times yesterday...um...sorry? I'll try and keep a tight reign on myself from now on! HA!

Also, we had candy for breakfast. And by "we" I mean Lucas. And by "breakfast" I mean as a snack after his real breakfast of bread and Cheerios and milk. Yeah. I'm "Mom of the Year"

listening to...."If I could have it back, all the time that I wasted...you know, I would love to waste it again"

1 comment:

  1. Candy for breakfast is the way it's supposed to be. I thought you knew that.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!