Thursday, December 16, 2010

Homemade Gifts

I love giving home made gifts! There is something to be said for creating a gift with your own hands...a little bit of you makes it in there!

Here are some homemade gifts on my plate this year:
#1. Bibs. Amy asked for more bibs for Jacob, so I am going to make some! And how handy that this tutorial came my way...I was wondering how I was going to figure this one out! Now all I need to buy is some bias tape, and I'll be off and running.

#2. Lime Door Arts + Crafts. All the cool kids have this on their list this year! HA! Maybe not, but since I am still a new "business", no one is sick of these as gifts yet. I even had a couple of requests for headbands and media pockets.

#3. Just-add-photos scrapbook layouts. I made an album for Amy and Jacob just after he was born so she could have a page a month for his first year. She asked for some "Baby's Firsts" as well, so I'm going to pump out some of those before the week is out. The album is all blues, whites and browns, so it's not like I've got to run out and buy a lot of supplies or anything. This is a nice present that I will never get sick of doing. I made kits for my mom a couple of years ago, with all the product she would need to create a bunch of layouts, plus a sketch of what each layout would look like. That was a really nice present!
(I had to throw a cute baby picture in...isn't he the sweetest!?)

This one I am not going to touch this year, but it's a good one for those who can really sew! A handmade quilt would be the best gift ever! And this one just makes me drool.
I have been dreaming of quilts lately, so I am might just try my hand at one in the new year...I'll put that one on the list fo'shore. It would be a mismatched, messy, crooked one, I'm sure...but if I make it, then it won't matter.

I have picked out a dress for the party on Saturday...and it was in my own closet! It is a terrible navy blue dress I bought in a rush so I would have something to wear on formal nights on the cruise ship on my honeymoon. That tells you how old this dress is.

It still fits (hallelujah), but it is really long and not my style at all. So I am going to do a little altering and cross my fingers! I've also decided to go a little crazy with my accessories. The dress definitely needs some glamming up, and it really really needs to be Lisa-fied. Think red strappy sandals with navy tights, a big butt bow and some kind of jerry-rigged tulle/lace shrug. I'll take lots of pictures so you can see the final result.

Last year I looked like a sugar plum fairy. This year I am going for Ms. Christmas Urban Outfitters!

later skater alligator

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!