Thursday, November 04, 2010

It's Layout Time!!

"Birthday Dinner and Beyond"
from Lucas' birthday all the way back in August. This layout has been done for awhile...sitting underneath the stack of mess on my desk!
I kept the layout fairly simple, but used lots of complimentary colours. This is a great way to use up scraps of both paper and sticker letters. To kind of unify everything, I "outlined" all the pictures and paper strips with pink pencil crayon. proving once and for all you can totally use pink on a boy's layout!!
I also wrote in funny words and phrases along the border (in my pink pencil crayon). Like "ka-chow", which is McQueen's catch phrase, and "Momma loves you"
*****

"A - Inspire"
This layout is about my mom, using a picture I took of her while she was trying to get pictures of us!
No fancy technique here. I'm using some of my new favourites lines to come in: Crate Paper (purple doily print and background) and Teresa Collins (snapshot transparency). I've also got some classic Hamble and Heidi Swapp on there.
A...Inspire - layout detail
Oh, and my best find ever: Golden Transparent GOLD Paint!! It's so beautiful and goes on like a dream!
*****

"Gratitude - Life - Appreciation"
This is a goofy picture of Lucas from Thanksgiving at Amy's house (hence the title). I wanted to showcase Lucas' silly side and how much I appreciate all the laughs and smiles he give me!
I love the new Studio Calico stuff, especially those amazing coloured clock rubons! I only bought them in one colour, but I had them all in my basket (yes, I had a basket that day...yikes!)
*****

"Celebrate Her"
Celebrate Her - layout detail
Isn't my Grannie lovely? This is my Mom's Mom, and she is more like me than any other human on this earth...it's kind of awesome. She turned 70 this year, and we had a nice dinner out and party at Mom's.
I used some of my new-to-me Bisous PDQ paper, cut down to size. This stuff is designed to make 12x12 scrapbooking a breeze, but I think her papers work really well for 8.5x11 scrappers as well. I've had the hardest time using the new House of Three ruffly ribbon I bought...it's too...well...something. So I sewed it down on both sides and now I love it again!
Celebrate Her - layout detail
This is one of those layouts that doesn't seem to make sense until it's finished. I've got my title running down the middle, with my photo way up there in right field. Not to mention the mess of ribbon and stitching down at the bottom. I love all these colours together, and I adore how this layout turned out!!

That's all for today...I've got another Twisted Sketches layout coming at you next week, then hopefully by the week after I'll have finished some more to post!
later skater alligator

1 comment:

  1. You're not kidding it's LO time. These are great, Lisa. I love the paper strips on the first one.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!