Friday, February 26, 2010

what's with today today

So, a lot of people have a favourite quote. Or quotes. From Mark Twain, or Gandhi, or I dunno, one of the Roosevelts. Something deep and delicious like the pizza pie.


All of my most favourite and meaningful quotes are from movies that I watched when I was an impressionable teenager or preteen, which wasn't actually a word back when I was one. Or from the Simpsons early years. The title of this post is from Empire Records...as discussed in my post yesterday, which was unfortunately very long and very winded. Boy howdy.


I have no favourite quotes from any recent movies. None of them have been good enough to commit to memory (except for Juno...I mean how can't you love "honest to blog" or "your eggo is prego" or  Juno: Cause you're, like, the coolest person I've ever met, and you don't even have to try, you know...  Paulie: "I try really hard, actually.")


My all time favourites, in no particular order, are:
"A gun rack! A gun rack? I don't have a gun let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I supposed to do with a gun rack?" -Wayne's World


"My name's not f*&$in Warren" - Empire Records


"Weeze the juice" -Encino Man


"Hello Lisa. Hello Super Nintendo Chalmers" -The Simpsons.


And I know there are others, but they're just not coming into play this morning. Maybe later then. imdb is an excellent source for movie quotes. Make me laugh every time.


The New Pollution is playing on the radio right now. I [heart] Beck with a fiery passion that burns deep within me. Which is different than a rash, as that is a fiery passion that burns on the surface that can be alleviated with an over-the-counter ointment purchase at your local dispensaries.


Are there any cute guys from movies or shows you grew up with that you still crush on? I am still madly in teenage love with:
- Michael Schoeffling as Jake from Sixteen Candles
- Anthony Michael Hall as Farmer Ted aka The Geek from Sixteen Candles (what can I say...I like geeks!)
- Eric Stoltz as Keith from Some Kind of Wonderful
- Patrick Dempsey as Ronald from Can't Buy Me Love
- Judd Nelson as Bender from The Breakfast Club
- John Cryer as Duckie from Pretty in Pink
- Kevin Bacon as Ren from Footloose
- John Cusack from Say Anything
- The Coreys from pretty much any movie they were in (The Lost Boys, Lucas, License to Drive, The Burbs, Stand By Me, Dream a Little Dream)...and that's Corey Haim and Corey Feldman for those of you who don't know the "lingo." Tee Hee!


Pretty much if you were a geek in a movie, Lisa loved you! And loves you still!


*****


Russ & I went to the Pint for dinner last night. I had the most heavenly giant burger...with guac and cucumber on it! To die for!! And it came with about 80lbs. of sweet potato fries.

And we watched the medal presentation for women's hockey. People were cheering and whistling...it was pretty cool! Good job ladies!

And when Lucas got home we went and watched Mighty Machines on the tv upstairs and both of us fell asleep! At about 9:30! Oh my... And I learned that lucas talks and laughs in his sleep and flails around a lot. I got smacked in the face about a dozen times. I guess he hasn't grown out of that yet!

*****
I am supposed to be working on my technique right now. It's almost done, I just got caught up in the world wide web. Am loving what's going on at Nadine's place...so you should go give her some love.

And it was Veronica's birthday yesterday, the third anniversary of her 25th year I think...so stop by and give her some love as well!



*****
ummm...yumm

maybe I will try for something a little simpler when I do my cupcakes this weekend!

****
stick a fork in me, I'm done

see you later...skater alligator

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!