Monday, September 14, 2009

busy bee

mONDAY

this week is a busy week for me. meetings two nights in a row. work two nights in a row. am teaching a class at TM on Saturday (hooray!).

I miss posting to my blog. Friday I was at home, so no posting. Saturday I posted to my Technique blog (sweet prize included, so check it out!!) Lucas & I got to hang out so much this weekend, it was heaven! And Poppa too! We pretty much spent all of Sunday vegging inside, even though it was so nice out. Lucas just wanted to cuddle on the couch with Russ (and me) and watch golf.

Now that I am "so organized" with my scrapbooking stuff, I find it easier to just pull out some things, do a layout then put everything back in it's new home. We'll see how long that lasts! I acutally "lost" a bunch of new stuff the other day because I had put it away in a real permanent home, and couldn't find it! Ha! I did up a couple of layouts of Lucas' first day back pictures. He is getting to be quite the adorable little man. And still saying some very smart things. Friday it was: "Momma, we had two days of playschool. our brains are growing."


I left my iPod at home today...oops...so I can't add anything to my to-do list. Does anyone know a good planner/schedule app? All of a sudden my life has become very complicated and I really need one!

Check these out! Aren't they to die for! Kitschy floral placements! I don't think they'll match my seafoam green tablecloth.


MY CONTEST: Please check out my Techniques Blog and enter to win the sweet Prima Prize Pack. As of right now there are only three comments/entries and three prizes, so your chance of winning is great...the odds are with you!


TUESDAY
I forgot to post yesterday before I left, so I'll just keep adding to this one.

I haven't done any embroidery lately. I had finished a bunch before we went to Vegas, and I really missed it while I was there, but I haven't pulled it out since we got back.

Here are some patterns I want to try:
- woodgrain
- leaves



And this post is very helpful.
This next picture makes me giggle. I know for a fact that my Grannie has this book, because up until the kitchen reno, Mom had the Rooster hanging above her stove. And Lucas has the Rainbow hanging in his room (it used to hang in mine).


Am very hungry, and so don't feel like working today. The birthday is in one week and one day. And I have no plans as of yet. I'm busy this weekend and next...looks like it will be another boring year for me. I have been fairly good at keeping with my 29 Days project. But it has mostly just shown how boring my life really is. Work. Home. Torchwood. TM. Blog. Read. Scrapbook. I'm trying to spice it up by getting my hair done this week. But I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, so it might not even happen. Although maybe this picture will be helpful. I so love all the pictures of the bright blonde hair I see, but I'm just not sure that's me anymore. I like the darkness I've been cultivating.


I heart this girl. Her stuff. Her style. Her photos. Her.



I wish I would remember to write/draw in some of my journals. Elaine's stuff is really cute and fun!


She makes me want to make a bunch of rad bows for my hair and buy turquoise moccasins. And her drawings remind me that I wanted to do a little comic book for all the funny things Lucas tells me. Maybe I should make a bigger note book and start it up!

I was looking for some clipboards the other day and came across a pile of sheets of chipboard letters that don't have the letters in them anymore. When I get a moment I am putting them with my art journal supplies (which I haven't touched in forever, but let's not talk about that right now...) so I can start playing with them and the new Glimmer Mist I bought yesterday. This was my exciting TM purchase: Frosted Lake, Turquoise & Pumpkin-something Glimmer Mists, 10 sheets of Kraft 8.5 x 11 cardstock and 25 sheets of white. woo hoo. I can see very productive things happening with those simple supplies. I should teach a class...HA!


Am still thinking about taking an online class. This one caught my eye. I do love fall. I can already feel it coming and I'm quite excited. I just wish Lucas wanted to spend more time outside. Maybe when it's not so hot he won't mind going for a walk with Momma through the leaves.



"everytime you say my name, I fall in love again"

to do this week:
- complete one thing on my to-do list from last week. yay me.
- not get swallowed up by the world
this photo on this blog...


{one hour left of work...it's just 2 pm now. I am going crazy. I wish I could just slip out the back and go home early...yes we have a "back door"}
been sneaking some peeks of pics on Facebook...my best friend from elementary school. seeing her with her sisters all grown up makes me ache for the "good old days". It's so weird to see people all grown up when you only really new them as a child.
k...im going to just post this now. want to check my email before I go and I can't do both at once.
later skater alligator

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!