Monday, July 20, 2009

hello super friends

how was your weekend? Mine was awesome!!



I got a totally rad "mini-book-blah-blah-bee-doo" done on Saturday night after I got home from the "movie". The kit is going to be up for sale on Etsy this week. I have a Showcase scheduled for July 30th, and I want the store to be nice and full so maybe one of us will sell something!!



The craft fair was kind of a let down...none of those groups I posted about were even there! What the *&)$# is the point of the website then, if only to entice us with things we can't have! ARGH!! But, I did score some sweet items, and we went browsing down Whyte to kill some time, which I never get to do, and I bought a super fun t-shirt. And Laurie's daughter and god-daughter are super cool! WOOHOO!

******************


Just went down to get some lunch from Tims and in the lobby of our building someone whistled at me...like, loud and all. Umm...thanks?? I'm wearing my new Army & Navy shirt that I guess is a bit more revealing than I realized!



*******************



Russ & I ended up going to Famosa's in Terwillegar for dinner on Friday night. My cousin Shaun is co-owner so we got free dessert! Yippee! And their pizza is super good, and they are licensed! and they have lots of yummy desserts! So you should go!



We went to Taste of Edmonton for brunch on Saturday and went to the beer gardens there for the first time ever! You can get a bottle of beer for 5 tickets, aka 5 bucks! That's cheap! And it's good stuff! I also got 3 maki rolls and 3 shrimp tempura for 8 tickets ($8) from Kyoto, which is also actually a pretty good price.



After that, we still had some time to kill before he was dropping me off at Laurie's so I suggested we go to WEM so I could browse in the new Anthropologie store there. Wowee wow wow! Beautiful stuff in there I'm telling ya! But also way over the top pricey! I bought a couple of gifts, and then just touched and swooned over everything else! Even Russ thought it was pretty interesting...for about five minutes and then he waited for me outside. Also, it smells in there. I always wonder if some stores pump perfume in with the air to alter the moods of all their patrons...hmmm...



******************



My sister & I caught Harry Potter on Sunday morning. It was a good movie, but bit of a disappointment as well. Nothing really happened (except for the big thing at the end, which would be a spoiler to all if you haven't read the book, so I'm keeping it to myself) and there was a lot missing...which is standard for a book made into a movie and I'm not really upset about that, but they could have put some of it in.



ALSO, Amy tells me that they saved a lot of it for the last book-to-movies...yep movies. There are going to be two movies for the last book! Just stretch it out a bit longer, make a couple more billion dollars...Oh well. I can't really complain. I was sad when the last book came out and I'll be sad when the last movie comes out as well. It's tough to see the story end.



***********************



More hoopla at work, and I mean hoopla. Sometimes the most adult among us are also the most childish. That's all Im going to say. And also, I'm sorry to Kara for getting her into this mess...there is no way I thought "insert name here" would be so annoying...



*********************



It's nice to have Lucas home. I really missed him this weekend. He had loads of fun though, so I don't feel bad about sending him away!



********************



K. Back to work now. I'll let you know when I've posted my kit on Etsy because I am super proud about it and I want to share with others! I think I'm going to leave early today. I am so done with all this drama right now. I've been trying to catch up, and have found another notice of late fees from our helpful government and it went up $300 from the last notice I got. And to boot, the payroll company (who's fault this is until they tell me otherwise) isn't returning my calls or letters. Gee. thanks.



K. Going for real now. Sorry no pictures...okay...maybe just one...

later skater alligator

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!