Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

Yep. Today it is my birthday. Par-tay! Russ took me to Brewster's for dinner. We had cheap wings, yummy beer (mine with blueberries floating in it!!) and bison burgers. Plus I got a free dessert because it's my birthday! Yay me! Pretty low key, but that's usually our style. Lucas was still at Grandma and Grandpa's, so we got our mini night out. Russ gave me a really cool book by Naomi Klein and some gift cards, including one for Colours that I am really looking forward to spending!


I started my "temp job" at the periodontist office next door to the one I work at on Fridays. They do things differently enough that it is annoying to get used to, to "relearn things" so-to-speak. But I should have everything down pat in a couple of days. It was very hard for me not to be able to take Lucas to playschool today. But I know he has fun with my mom, so it's not too bad. But sometimes I think he has too much fun and doesn't want to come home!! Plus he actually made the craft at school today!! Gasp! it's a cute little wreath with his scribbles and some leaves all over it!! I am totally putting it on my front door! He also got to make cupcakes with Grandma today...cracking eggs and everything! We sang Happy Birthday to Momma (he actually sings...it is beyond adorable!) and he helped me blow out the candles.



I am the Secretary for the playschool board, so I was busy typing up minutes tonight...a little bit late, but I'm getting there! I had a busy weekend...



Sarah's wedding was Saturday, and I totally cried through my whole reading! I didn't even make it passed the third word before I started bubbling. Arggh! But everyone kept telling me I did I good job, and even Russ said he heard some other people getting a little weepy, so it was okay! My "fascinator" hat was totally rad! I made it the night before out of pink tulle, Doodlebug flocked paper and some Prima bling and Kaiser Crafts pearls. Russ freaked out a little when he saw it on my head, but it was worth it!! I got lots of compliments, even from some guys!


Me, Sarah (the bride) and Cheryl...we were best buds in University and they were my bridesmaids at my wedding!



My rad hat...boo-yah! Jill says it's called a "fascinator" (sp??) and is very popular at weddings in Scotland. Oh well...at least I'm trendy in some part of the world!!


Robin and Sarah...have been best friends before they even knew what a best friend was. Robin's speech/toast was awesome!!



Look it's me up on stage! Singing Blink 182's "All the Small Things" to my adoring fans!!

At the end of the night...the girls with all the chair bows!

Scott and Jessica got married last year. The first (and last) wedding Lucas attended!

The Bridesmaids (Cheryl, Ashley and Kristen)

Please ignore the fact that I look like a shiny alien...doesn't Russel look hot!!

All of the decorations were gorgeous!! Turns out Aaron's mom has somewhat of a talent in this area! Lit trees, tulle everywhere, beautiful bouquets and centrepieces. It was so beautiful in that place, and I have seen it at it's ugliest...so now I know what potential it has! Sarah and Aaron donated to the Humane Society instead of providing favours, so all the tables were "named" after animals at the shelter. We sat at the Simba table, who turned out to be the cutest little tabby kitten! She had little placards with their pictures on them. The family tables were named after Sarah's cats.

That's all for now. I pretty much just wanted to show off my hat and let everyone know about my b-day. Thanks Nadine for my little b-day surprise at the store! Yummy!! And I'll see you Saturday for my next wedding day of the month! I have to get lots of ideas for my sister Amy who is (finally) engaged!! Very exciting...I get to be a bridesmaid!! And go to bridal fairs and taste cake and all the good stuff! But she kind of got the bum end of the deal because I really am no good at researching venues and caterers and stuff...she was the big help in that regard for my wedding. I'm pretty much just going to show up in my rad dress, cry a lot and dance the night away!!

P.S. I've posted my Books for Sale on my other blog. Please check it out...and let me know (via email) if you are interested in any titles. And remember that these books are available for ANY READERS of my blogs, or if you just happen to stumble upon it!! I can arrange pickup/delivery and will take offers!

4 comments:

  1. Happy McBirthday!

    So you work on Fridays and what days do you work at the peridontist office? Ah, Lucas is just fine. I always remember hanging out with my grandma was way more cooler and fun than hanging out with my mom!

    Yup, A is coming to the wedding so he can keep Russel company and they can chat star stuff :P

    Love the color of the chair bows. That purple and brown are hot! And sparkly :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    Hope that your day was awesome, you look uber cute with your little hat thing! Great photos, I've been waiting for an update :)

    I am very sad that I have to wait another weekend to hang out.....how depressing......

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday darling! your facinator would fit in perfectly in scotland... i always make fun of the ones my mama wears when she goes to weddings over there. My sisters who are about your age wear them to so they must be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!

    I so totally dropped the ball and forgot to call. It sounds like you had a good day though.

    If Amy needs any help in the planning department, I can always jump to the challenge. I LOVE planning things!! (and probably know of lots of yes and no's for the Edmonton area).

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!