Tuesday, June 02, 2020

The 100 Day Project - 100 Days of Drawing Houses

Last Tuesday was the official halfway point for this project. Day 50.

And as of yesterday I had finally drawn my 40th house. This is a very labour intensive project for me. It takes me about 30 minutes to draw one house on a 3x5 card, which doesn't seem like much when I write it down here. But it feels like a lot when I'm doing it. This also means that when I fall behind, it's hard for me to catch up. I haven't been booking myself time to work on this, and at the end of the (long long long) day, I sometimes just don't have the energy.


I really enjoy working on it though, and I love how the little houses are turning out! This will be a very impressive collection once completed. Which means, I haven't officially given up. But it's definitely going to take me longer than the 100 Days.

I always get a lot of insights into my creative process during the 100 Day Project, which I think it partly the point. I also learn about which supplies I love and, let me tell you, I am starting to hate cheap pencil crayons!



Sometimes I can barely even believe that these are real, live houses I'm drawing! I am fully aware of the privilege I have in being able to take these photos without getting the cops called on me.

xo
Lis

FURTHER READING

100 Days of Finishing Projects (2019) ...I did not finish this project!
100 Days of Watercolour Whatevers (2017)...I also did not finish this one!
100 Days of Stamp Carving (2017) This one was super successful and very fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!