Saturday, September 28, 2019

This is 39

Happy Birthday to Me...2019 edition!

Birthdays are no joke. I don't mind getting older, but I have a hard time setting expectations and then watching them crash and burn. This year for my birthday, I had two goals:

  1. To not be sad on my birthday
  2. To wake up in a tent on my birthday
Well, I was sad when I slept in and missed the sunrise, lit the stove on fire so I missed my coffee, and had to pack up a wet tent, but hey! I woke up in a tent!

And to be fair the rest of the weekend was pretty damn spectacular...






Next year's plans are already in the works. Expect more of the same. But hopefully with a better stove.

FURTHER READING
This is 38 - Birthday Post & Birthday Scrapbook

xo

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you missed the sun rising but those are beautiful setting pictures. You canoed- YEAH!!! We took ours out there in the spring and it was so windy once we got to the park we ended up just having a fire and wiener roast (which was delicious & sheltered from the wind).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already got plans going to do it all again for my 40th. And more canoeing next summer...so much more canoeing! It blew my mind every second we were there that we have such a BEAUTIFUL PLACE just outside our city.

      Delete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!