Friday, October 06, 2017

Fashion in September

Hello! Here are some clothes I wore in September! Pieces from my 10x10 Challenge are still gong strong, and I have starting adding in other favourites from my closet.


A combination of new and thrifted items shown here, tending towards the new. I still struggle with paying $300 for a shirt (!!), so I am starting with buying less as opposed to buying ethical. Which isn't ideal, but that's where my budget is these days. These are pieces that I wear all the time, so I am still making the most of their lifespan. And when they need to be replaced, perhaps I will be able to afford a more sustainable option. Until then, I'm going to rock hard in this floral blazer.



For the Edmonton Comic Expo this year I decided to do a cosplay! This was a big deal for me! I assumed that no one would recognize my costume, but I was still excited about dressing up. Two people thought I was Rosie the Riveter, but I was a different Rosie. I don't read a lot of comics, but I really love and appreciate Lumberjanes, so it only made sense to play the role of my favourite Camp Counselor.

This is an image from the comic book. I think I did a pretty damn good job thanks to a quick stop at Value Village for a plaid shirt and the perfect polka dot headscarf! I'll have to bring an ax next time. ;-)


I am trying to figure out how I want to write about fashion. It is something I am passionate about in that I think we need to get SMARTER about where and how we buy our clothes, and how we curate our closet. I want to redefine "fashion blogger" and I want to share my passion for sustainable fashion, capsule wardrobes, and the like. I am still working on this, and I am excited to explore this idea further. Nobody reads these damn posts anyway - except my Dad & Nadine - so what does it matter?!

Until then...
xo

1 comment:

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!