Monday, October 09, 2017

100 Days of Watercolour Whatevers

At the end of August, I decided that I wanted to do another 100 day project, but I wasn't sure where to start or what to do. I knew that it needed to be something I could do quickly and with limited materials.

I set a start date for myself of August 27, and then totally forget to get supplies and figure shit out until the day before! Thank goodness for local art stores, gift cards, and understanding boyfriends!

I picked up a pad of watercolour paper, and cut down the pages into quarters for exactly 100 small pieces. Each card got a date stamp on the back so I could keep myself on track.

Where do my ideas come from?
I am usually inspired by something I saw or did during the day, or something from my Instagram feed.

What supplies am I using?
The paper is what you see in the image above. The watercolours are a $5 pack of Crayola. The black is more of a dirty brown, the two bright blues are actually the same exact colour except one is shimmery. And the red leaves much to be desired. BUT I didn't want to go out and spend $100 on art supplies and maybe hate it! I am still figuring out how to best manipulate these cheap materials, but I am definitely enjoying that process.



 



I really like painting people, but the combination of these watercolours and this paper makes it very difficult for me. But I am committed to practicing and perhaps when I am more comfortable in this medium, I will invest in some watercolours that cost a little bit more!

I absolutely LOVE the concept of the 100 Day Project, and I can't wait to see what the next two months look like for me and my 100 Days of Watercolour Whatevers!

1 comment:

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!