Saturday, August 18, 2018

Dude's 12th Birthday


Thinking about Lucas' 13th birthday coming up, and reminiscing about years' past, inspired me to complete a simple mini album using photos from his birthday last year!

My main goal for last year was to just relax and let things happen. I usually get anxious about birthdays, worried about them not living up to my expectations or what I "should" be doing to celebrate. Last year, I said "fuck it" to all of that and simply had fun hanging out with my son.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Telus World of Science to see the Science of Pixar exhibit
- Kingsway Mall for lunch (sushi), shopping at Lush (bath bombs), then dessert from a food truck in the parking lot (cotton candy wrapped popsicle)
- Take out pizza dinner at home with Grandma & Grandpa
- Presents & cake!






We are celebrating his 13th birthday today and tomorrow. Another low key weekend for us, but HE IS HAVING A FRIEND OVER AND I'M FINE JUST FINE OVER HERE NOTHING TO SEE HERE NOTHING AT ALL I'M A COOL MOM.

Being 13 was interesting. And now I get to see it from the other side. Parenting is a weird and wild ride y'all.

xo

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have this album to look back through. Wish I was crafty like you.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!