Thursday, August 23, 2018

Adventure in Borden Park



I think this next one looks like a beautiful elephant dinosaur cow. I love elephants and dinosaurs. And I really love cows. (It's actually called Gigi by Kouis Munan et al).


So...the bathroom building is pretty cool. It is a circle with a door on either end, and it is made up of these triangular mirrored panels. Lucas was slightly obsessed with these..."they are like a glass piece combined with a mirror!"

Okay Lucas, just stand still and...no, still. Don't move. Stop moving! Okay, now you don't have to smile. Don't smile, just keep your face neutral. No Lucas, I mean don't do anything with your face. No not like, no...stop moving! Just...don't...okay...

Even though he usually wants to leave right away, and doesn't listen, and isn't curious about what we're seeing usually (although the squirrels were quite exciting tonight) he is still - and always - my favourite adventure partner.

I wanted to do something after dinner on an otherwise empty Friday night, and I wanted it to cost $0. I know Lucas has been here Pokemon hunting before, but I haven't, and it's a big park so I figured even if we just wandered around for 20 minutes I would satisfy my goal. Turns out this place is awesome, the new pool looks amazing, and we didn't even make it all the way to the playground, so there is at least two reasons to come back.

The sky is hazy and the sun red due to the massive forest fires burning in southern BC. A few hours after we got home, it rained. It cooled the house, and made me think wet thoughts for the firefighters and the folks losing their homes out west.

Photos taken August 17, 2018
Borden Park, Edmonton

xo

FURTHER READING
A list of all the public art in Edmonton can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Borden Park is so huge! I think the bathroom building looks like a drum. Did you find the stage? We like to stage performances on it. The playground is kids fun, too.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!