Saturday, April 21, 2018

Great Blogs About Tweens & Teens



Okay...so I know I "promised" that this blog post would happen weeks ago, but I'm not ashamed. I'm out there, living my life, trying to fit my 100 Day Project into my days (nights...who am I kidding), and just being generally awesome away from my computer.

At any rate, definitely not apologizing for this radio silence on here, but I DO now have a fun wrap up post on some websites and blogs I found for parents of non-toddler-type children!


Aha Parenting // The page I have linked here is a round up of all of their articles on parenting a teen. There are loads of great articles on here. I'm digging into the ones focused on staying connected and a building relationship that will last into the teen years.

The Loop // Now, this is an overall lifestyle site, but the article I have linked specifically talks about parenting a 12 year old boy! I've got one of those!

For Every Mom //  And this article is about how awesome 12 year old boys are! Not a lot of how-tos in this, but I do appreciate the sentiment of enjoying this stage while it lasts. There is a lot of preaching and holier-than-thou attitudes on this site, so grain of salt it out.

U Know Kids // The specific article I have linked discusses technology addiction in kids, which I can definitely see coming in handy as we navigate these next few years. I will add that this blog article is linked to a product that helps you monitor your kids' activity on their phone. I'm not quite there yet, and I can't say I endorse this kind of thing, but you do you!

Alberta Mamas // Love that it's local to me, and showcases a lot of travel options within the province.

Mum in the Madhouse // After 2 minutes on her site, I was ready to create an easter egg hunt for Dude (which I haven't done in years), and had bought him a fancy gaming toothbrush. Bookmarked forever.

The Fold Mag // I'm not sure if this is a newer website, but there are only 11 articles under the "Motherhood" banner. Heavily sponsored content, and age ranges of kids vary.

10 Great [UK] Blogs About Tweens // And if can't find anything you like above, check out this list!

I am still on the lookout for more articles, blogs, and websites catering toward the parents of a 12-year-old, so I will try and share as I find them. Lucas turns 13 this summer, so I only have a few months left until I have an official teenage on my hands!

xo






No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!