Thursday, January 02, 2014

Book Learning 2014


I started this blog/life tradition back in 2011. I was inspired by another blogger to set a goal for myself to read 52 books over the course of the year. There were "rules" (that I hated and broke immediately), but I made it to 53 books, considered it a smashing success and started up again the next year. In 2012 I added some challenges of my own, and read an astounding 71 books! And last year I modified my challenges slightly, stopped writing monthly reviews, and made it to 54 (almost 55) books.

I really enjoy this challenge. I am reading books anyway, but it's nice to be able to keep track and see a goal - albeit a simple one - accomplished over the year.

I have already started up my list page and changed up my challenges a tiny bit. Maybe I'll do some reviews this year, when I find a book I really love. And maybe not.

This goal is all about no pressure, which is one of my 2014 Intentions. I am ready to have fun with this again and discover some new favourites along the way.

Happy New Year

later loves

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:22 pm

    The other day, I read an entire book... in one sitting. It was amazing—the book and the experience. I need to read more, as well. I just started the Exorcist last night. I can't wait to plow through it.

    Good luck with your no pressure goal.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!