Monday, May 23, 2011

Art Doll

Cause if I were to call it anything else, it might look like a failure! And it's creepy enough as it is...

I had good intentions with this doll. Sketches, and plans, and lots of ideas. But her head came out very oblong, and her legs are different lengths, and one arm is really really wonky.

But she's filled with love. And I hope Scarlett appreciates that...or at least gets a good chew on her hair!

 Also she has a super rad tutu and tie-dyed pants...so...yeah...
I didn't give her a name, cause I figure Scarlett can do the honours when she gets bigger.

Here's to my first Art Doll...may there be more where that came from and may they get better and less creepier as I go (unless creepy is what I'm going for and then the more creepy the merrier!)

Happy Victoria Day! I'm at work!?!?!?
Doll Deets: The body is made of plain muslin, that I roughly (very roughly) drew a pattern on. Then I sewed on her eyes, then her clothes on to each side of the pattern. The tank is basic quilting cotton, and the leggings are an old t-shirt that I "tie-dyed" with Eggplant Colour Wash. The eyes are made of felt and pieces from an old t-shirt. The hair is yarn-like (from VV), and I stitched that on after I sewed the body together and stuffed it. The rosette in her hair is re-purposed lace that was stitched on at the very end.

When I make another one, I'm going to add some colour and more detail to her face, and make sure the body is perfectly shaped before I start stuffing it. The biggest hurdle was sewing the body pieces together and then pulling it right-side out...I should have started with a larger body this time! Oh well, live and learn eh!?

3 comments:

  1. SCARLETT LOVE LOVE LOVES HER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that she is adorable and a major accomplishment first doll or otherwise! It's totally Scarlett's style ;) Can't wait to see what she names her... as soon as she starts talking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she is wonderful!!!Make more, definitely!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!