Monday, July 13, 2009

shit-tastic day

worst.

day.

ever.

on a lighter note: beautiful comes in all shapes and sizes

on a stupid note: did they actually advertise this anywhere? Or do you just have to be "in-the-know" which I am apparently not. Just adds to my irritation today.

also, the phone contract came in (yay!), and got signed (yippee!!), but it's wrong (ARGH!!), so I have to wait for an update before I can get the ball rolling...again.

i have more mail waiting to be dealt with than is humanly possible to deal with in one business day. all bills (okay...90% bills, 10% weird shit that I have no clue what to do with).

i talked to a sort-of helpful person on the Border Information Services "hot line" today. That form that I was supposed to fill out (with the 20+ page instruction booklet!), I really can't. So the lady on the line, told me just to go down to the office and take all the stuff I have (which isn't much) and tell them I don't have the information required to fill in the form (because our shipper is missing a few key brain cells), they can just help me from there.

Only one problem...I couldn't find the office. "Edmonton Municipial Airport" is not a helpful, nor specific address. I drove around the airport twice, and looked like a complete dumbass. But I never found a Border Services office, or a Customs office or anything. Thanks so much Canadian Border Services Online Office Directory. Thanks for nothing.

oh, and it's been 30 days since the notice, so CBSA probably "disposed of our package according to their regulations." $3000 worth of dental instruments down the drain. $3000 worth of dental instruments that we've already paid for. if I get blamed for this, I am going to go postal...

All of this topped off with me spilling white-out all over my keyboard and monitor. hoorah.

i am totally going to take a picture of my keyboard tomorrow and post it, because you have to see it to believe it. i need another coffee, and a stiff drink. and a back massage and a nap. maybe I'll do some embroidery and watch a movie at home tonight. I can't wait to go home.

4 comments:

  1. **huge hugs**

    1. i agree about the art walk - i only found out about it yesterday by accident :(

    2. the border office is actually the customs office in the airport and its a piddly little building in the middle of nowhere - been there a few times :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I think that you are fabulous and deserve to have a good day! Go home and embroider and drink drinks and get a little sloppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had a bad day! Take it easy and relax and start fresh tomorrow. Right now I'm dealing with moves at work and the guy "coordinating" (use that term lightly) hadn't talked to the movers until Thusday! The day people started to move! If it wasn't for me and the IT guy letting him know what was going on it would be more of a gong show than it already is. I can't wait until it is over. And then I get to clean up all the mess everyone left behind in their old offices. Fun fun. Ug. I can't wait for vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The art walk I knew about it was on global tv news thing at like 6 a.m. and the closed to traffic annoying signs I had to pass several times while doing a wedding just off whyte this weekend.

    The whiteout sounds kind of funny, and I want to see a photo.

    PS. I hate customs - no more to that they just suck monkey...

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!