Thursday, March 13, 2008

best day ever...Category Stories

Here is my first Category Stories challenge...completed! This page took me FOREVER to finish (and remember forever for me is a couple extra hours!) And somewhere along the line I made a personal challenge to only use paper elements (and sticker letters of course!). Everything else that I tried on the page just didn't gel. I love my little date stamp circles on the left...I want to put those everywhere!
And remember, since my scanner does weird things to my pages, all the orange things are actually yellow! Journaling reads: everyday I get to spend with you is the best day ever. (and "you make my heart feel happy") The little doodle person is from a Treehouse show...she is totally the Japanese equivalent to Dora...teaching kids the words for tree and thank you in Japanese! Plus she is so cute with her funny hair and her goofy Koala bear side kick! I think I saw a pink mini-elephant, so I'm going to try and find the show again so I can get them in to my doodle book! This is my latest brilliant idea. My art journal has become a place for me to jot down page ideas, things Lucas did/said and fun doodles I come across. I have a couple of pages worth that I am dying to try out!
Today Lucas is in a very cuddly mood. He just sat on my lap this morning and watched TV. And when he wanted to play with his trucks, he would bring them in close and lay himself over my legs so he wouldn't have to leave me! It was very adorable. (plus we had two more successful potty training episodes...following a bunch of unsuccessful ones, but I think we're finally getting the hang of it!)

4 comments:

  1. Lisa I think this is my favorite page ever....so pretty I love the date circles and the circles your probably doodle - so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it the dates in the circle is so totally awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!I love your LO!
    And thanks for playing along:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. rwoooheee that is such a cool page! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge!
    Cheers,
    Lee @ categorystories.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!