Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tuesday Link List - Reading Goals


Today I wanted to focus on reading-related goals! I love setting goals for myself around my reading habits, and have been doing so in some shape or form for 5 years or so. And with the proliferation of book podcasts, blogs, Booktube, and Bookstagram I find more and more people are adding "read more" to their lists of goals...or "read different" or "read harder". Do you have a reading-specific goal on your list for 2019? Share it in the comments!

Maybe one of your 2019 goals is to join a book club! I thought I found one that I would fit into - Femme Cabal Feminist Book Club - but their first book is only just "on order" at the library, and there are already 41 holds on it! Our local library branches host book clubs as well, which I really like because they always pick books that have lots of copies to borrow!

"The single most important thing we (readers, writers, journalists, critics, publishers, editors, etc.) can do to improve the visibility of books by and about women, and to secure that visibility for the future, is talk about them whenever we talk about books,"

For the past few years I have made a point to read more books by women. In fact, one year mid way through, I decided to read only books by women for the remainder of the year. (It was an amazing year, by the way). It is a "challenge" that I highly recommend, and here are some resources to help you out:

Goodreads is here to help you out by compiling a list of books folks have added to their "2019 Reading Challenge" shelves! Find it here...there are some obvious ones on there that were super popular in 2018, but some backlist titles as well. If you belong to Goodreads you can set yourself a challenge to read a certain number of books, and Goodreads will help you keep track.

I've been listening to Book Riot podcasts for years now, and they are always talking about the Read Harder Challenge. Essentially, their editors have created a lists of tasks to expose you to new authors, new genres, new publishers, and help you discover books you might never have picked up otherwise.

And the folks at Girl XOXO did my job for me, and posted "The Master List of 2019 Reading Challenges". So chances are if I missed it here, they've got you covered!

To quote my favourite podcasters, "Happy Reading!" And if you have a reading-based goal for 2019, I would love to hear about it! Leave a comment, or send me an email!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!