Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Tell A Story: Carve a Stamp, Change Your Life


Editor's Note: I wrote this post last week, on Day 8 of #the100dayproject. I am now at Day 14 and still going strong. I have so many feels about this project, a simple daily practice that [still] is changing my damn life.

I made it! I made it 7 days! One week into this 14+ week project and I am already exceeding my expectations!

I have historically sucked at maintaining long-term projects. Why? Well, I used to say that "life got busy and I forgot". Which is still the truth for past-tense Lisa. But there is more to it than that. Why did I forget? Why did I make the choices that lead to a busy life getting in the way of things I wanted to do to make my busy life better?

I am currently in awe of and super proud of present-tense Lisa and all that I have been able to accomplish lately. I can't (and won't) put my finger on one thing that I am doing differently now that has enabled this change, but I can identify a few things that I have changed in my life that when combined all together in a warm ball of ACTION are making a huge difference!

Why am I telling you this in a terribly secretive and short-on-details way? Because I have seen first hand this past year that each of us is on a different path to achieve our best lives. The combo of things that work for me probably won't work for you. There may be similar elements - getting outside, cultivating daily practices, being 36, cutting carbs, etc. whatever - but they will be combined in different ways, and you will come to them at different times. So my advice to me, cannot be the same as my advice to you.

The only advice I can give you is to keep doing the things that make you feel like you are moving. And get rid of the things - people, activities, food, habits, etc. - that feel like a drag, that feel painful, or uncomfortable, or useless. It will be hard. I know. I've done it! I left a fucking marriage because of it. But it will be worth it. It is worth it.

And if you're not sure what step is "right" for you, just take a step. Any old step will do. Make sure you are safe. Nervous is good (nervous means do it). Take that step and see what happens. I've done that too! Lots of times. You find your way. And if you don't, at least you'll have some adventures on the way.

xo

Note: I have been writing a lot about "life changing moments" lately. The last time I remember doing that  I was in a really dark, low place. This time it feels so different! So don't worry about me! I'm in such a great place right now. I am moving forward and things are grand.

p.s. Sorry to those of you who were looking for more info on actual stamp carving and stumbled into this rat's nest of feelings! I've got a post planned for that too...coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I have been watching in awe. I'm so proud of you. Happy for you. Inspired by you. ♥

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!