Tuesday, July 22, 2008

la dee dah

So, if you are at all interested in all the new things ready to hit the scrapbooking world, you really need to check out Juli's blog. There are so many new lines to check out you're head will explode! But I am not going to go crazy...it is always more exciting anticipating their arrival, their immediate arrival and the short time it takes to unload the boxes. And after they are actually in the store, they start to lose their gleam. I need all of it right now, but I know in a couple of months I will have changed my mind, and as soon as the stuff hits the store I will have changed it again...nothing will be so necessary anymore.

That's really the only thing keeping me from creating a very strict budget and starting to save my money now! This happens every time something *new* comes in. Since it is all shiny and new, you think you have to have it, and you must buy it immediately before everyone else discovers it and buys it up from under your nose. But the product will last in the store, even when the fascination with it fades. Take a breath. Take a step back. And use what you have!

Am not working very hard on scrapping stuff lately. I hit my peak and I think I'm done for awhile. Still have some Riff Raff stuff to finish up, and get some photos printed for the August kit pages. As always, I am busy doing up demos for classes and everyone at the store is preparing for our television debut (August 4th, Global, EARLY morning).

Man. This was a boring post. BOR-ing. My camera is at the store (I forgot it two days in a row...FOCUS LISA!!), so I can't upload any pics. Russ and I went to Capital Ex with Lucas on Sunday, and were at my grandparents place for my Mom's b-day party on Sat. night, but since my camera was at TM, I have NO PICTURES of either event (except or the handful I took on my cellphone at Capital Ex). Duh.

P.S. Claudine Hellmuth does have a cool new line...not for everyone though. It's all paints and gel medium and adhesive canvas. I'm excited about that one, but only really if with my discount it's cheaper than the stuff I already buy at Colours! I go through a lot of gel medium!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, I keep telling myself that I don't need all the new and exciting stuff from CHA. I have been REALLY good lately (not even going to go to TM for the 30% off sale!!!) and I want to keep that up...and looking at some of the pics Juli posted my thoughts are been there, done that still have it sitting at home not being used. I am slowly getting over the "need to have now before it is sold out" phase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crazy - you need it all......oh and Claudine's line is freaken fantastic, much better than colors.....you have no idea.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!