Monday, January 21, 2008

OLW: "Still"


I must admit that I had a hard time with this word. "Still" reminds me of a mountain lake, or a breeze-less day. Not necessarily my 2.5 year old! But he does have his moments!

Journaling reads: "I think to myself, please just sit still so I can get this one shot. Just one good picture, that's all I ask. perhaps I ask too much. You are a blur of colour in photos and out of the corner of my eye. You are movement and life. you are not a still life. And then my patience is rewarded and I get that one good shot. That perfect shot of Lucas. And then you are gone again. And I am up after you. And so it goes."


The title is from a Chantel Kreviaziuk song. Surprise Surprise! Lisa uses a song lyric for a title. Who-da thunk it!?!


And the circles in the background are inspired by this page. But instead of using foam stamps, I just freehand painted them. And they look rad! I'm planning on using the same technique in one of my upcoming doodling classes. It was surprisingly easy to do, and fun!

5 comments:

  1. I love this LO. It's one of my Lisa favorites.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "un-lisa" layout with no embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!! :) teach me your ways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute layout!

    Lynn
    OLW

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!